Saturday, January 22, 2011

An Amazing Find

A friend put me onto an author I had not previously heard of, indeed he just wrote his first book. His name is Steven Norquist and his book is called Haunted Universe. It is a book of very few words, yet each page is filled with ineffable wisdom. I deeply resonate with what Steven shares. Here is a quote that I particularly appreciate.
...in real Awakening it is the "dreamer" that vanishes. When people finally begin to move beyond themselves, when they are finally ready to cross that boundary and confront the ancient darkness that haunts this universe, it is then they will know that the dream never ends, it is only "they" who will end.
Kind of brings a whole new level of understanding to why for the most part people do not awaken, we tend to be very attached to the concept of 'self'. Indeed as I traverse the terrain of deconstruction I find many subtle and many not so subtle concepts that have kept me firmly anchored in the concept of 'me'. I have no idea if I will actually experience a complete breakthrough in this process and that is not for me to know or be concerned about. There is a recognition that it is all perfect, every step of the way, and where I am is where I am.

Here is the website for more info about Steven and the book.
http://www.hauntedpress.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment