Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 7

Lots of awareness about how I'm feeling from moment to moment and where I get triggered if I'm feeling uncomfortable. The mind is such an amazing thing to watch. Lots of thoughts that seem to be about explaining myself to no one and chattering about not much of anything.
(The waxwings are back this year and the back yard is alive with them at this moment. It's such a beautiful dance!)
One thing I have been particularly aware of is a kind of dance going on in my abdomen much of the time. It's similar to fear but feels more like the edge of excitement a lot of the time. I don't know what it's really about, I just stop and let my focus drop into it regularly and as I do I can feel more of that tingly feeling I mentioned before. There's a lot of aliveness here even if there isn't much going on in the outer realms.
Words I read some time ago about being aware of awareness keep coming up so that is really where I go lots of the time. Kind of magical when life isn't about what's next or where do I go from here, not that those thoughts don't show up; I'm just getting better at seeing beyond them.

No comments:

Post a Comment