Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 7

All this time coming back to the background of stillness has brought me to an interesting place of wondering about the true significance of humanity. We tend to make up all kinds of concepts about how special and important we are but, really? The picture that keeps coming up is of a video I've seen a few times that really illustrates the vastness of the universe and this is only what we can perceive now (or in 1968 when it was made). Considering the vastness of the macro and the micro where the hell do I come off thinking I'm so special and significant as a human being? I'm not even a bleep on the radar screen when viewed in either direction.
I have no idea what this means but here I am.
If you haven't seen this little video before it's definitely worth watching.
Powers of Ten

No comments:

Post a Comment