Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Practical Effects

What's the point in doing all this work if you don't notice some practical effects? One of the effects is certainly about feeling better about pretty much everything in life which is awesome. Another is how ideas that are in alignment with what you are here to do seem to appear almost instantaneously once you become aware of them. One very recent example, though there have been many cases of this happening, is when I had the thought I wanted to go to a workshop with Tad Hargrave about marketing the other day and sure enough, there was one available the very next day which I attended and enjoyed immensely. I have been working on what I learned with great joy and enthusiasm ever since.
Then there are the ideas that I put limitations around. I had the thought that I wanted to get some fresh new professional photos taken for the website, etc. I put a caveat around the idea though. I thought I'd wait until I got a discount coupon or something to that effect so I could get a 'good deal'. Now where do you suppose that idea came went? Nowhere of course. I was talking to my beloved about it the other night and he suggested I just go to a photographer he has used in the past here in St. Albert and get it done. I realized I had wrapped up that pretty little idea in a blanket of fear based, limited thinking so of course nothing had shown up.
So I called Alex at ABI Photography, got in the same day for a session, loved the results and am on my way to pick up the CD. All for a pretty darn good deal in the end.
Limited thinking is so insidious we rarely even recognize it as such. I find talking about what I'm thinking or desiring or writing about it really helps me to see where the blinders are. I so appreciate the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment