Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Wonder of Wonder

As I constantly work with the process of dismantling my own belief systems (aka BS) as well as working with others to guide them in the process I am reminded again and again how easy it is to abort the process before it is complete.The final element of the process is wonder. This is the place we want to hang out. Wonder about what's possible given that what I had believed isn't really the truth; wonder about what life would be like if I didn't believe ______; wonder about what's really going on beyond these layers of belief, etc.
When someone tells me they've been hanging out in their pain for days what I usually find is that they didn't really question what they were believing, at least not in a full body sort of way or that they forgot altogether to get into the wondering, that clear open space that isn't about having a definitive answer in the moment but rather an opening for whatever Life has for us. There's no figuring or analyzing or rote affirmation here, just delicious wonder and flow with Life.
I can't begin to describe the wonder of wonder when the space has been cleared of preconceived ideas. Try it, I think you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment