Sunday, May 1, 2011

Moving With The Energies

The changing of the seasons is always a great reminder that energies shift and change; there is an in breath and an out breath in everything and the more we move in sync with the changes the more we experience truly being in the flow.
The other day I was writing about the burst of creative energy I was experiencing and the very next day the energies shifted and I was brought to a more inwardly quiet focus. The creativity seemed to kind of recede and at first I wanted to resist this shift, I was having so much fun (sound familiar) but it didn't take me long to realize what was going on and let go of the idea that I should be doing anything. That kind of thinking is all about being somewhere other than right where I am with what is going on right now. I recognize the propensity in me to do just that, get into future concepts which invariably lead to unhappiness and frustration at some point. So I was able to relax into finishing a great book, go to dinner with friends and enjoy whatever was going on in the moment.
The reason I do the dismantling work is indeed about this very thing, being able to shift with the shifting energies instead of resisting them so that no matter what's going on I am in harmony with Life. I have spent so much time in this life experience being anything but at peace with what is that I deeply appreciate the contrast and the magic of it all.
I know that I am doing what I do not for some future gain but because that is what is happening right now and the truth is I have no idea where it's all going. That is freedom to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment