Saturday, June 18, 2011

Being With What Is

First of all, my thanks to Edie for her wonderful comments about the forgiveness post. The difference between truly accepting and intellectual 'forgiveness' is indeed absolutely amazing. Freedom is so deeply desired and yet so rarely a felt experience, but it doesn't have to be so rare, it's available when we are.

Being available for whatever is going on really is living beyond belief. Instead of being caught up in what I believe about what is going on, in those precious moments of presence there is a sense of wonder and possibility beyond what I have previously imagined life to be about. I've actually come to view that which presents itself in any given moment as a question from Life. It's like I'm being asked 'What will I be in this moment?' or 'How will I respond to this?' or 'Am I available for expanded beingness now?' From this view, what is generally perceived as  a problem is seen as being a portal of expansion in awareness and wonder and appreciation and Life. If I'm all caught up in my thinking busy-ness or beliefs about what is happening I am most likely going to miss out on yet another opportunity being presented to experience something wonderful. I very minor example of what I mean would be something that happened today.

We had plans on going to Beaverhill for a family fun shoot (sporting clays). It was raining pretty hard here when we left the house and it didn't really look like it was going to let up but we thought we'd go for breakfast at least where the plan was to meet 5 other people who were planning on going as well. As it turns out we all showed up and had a great breakfast and though it was still raining we all drove out to Beaverhill and 5 of us decided to go ahead in spite of the rain. My shoes and socks were socked within the first 1/2 hour and so were my pants but you know what? I had a great time. I didn't care about the wet or the massive mosquitoes or the fact that I wasn't shooting particularly well. I just enjoyed the company and the liquid sunshine and the beautiful surroundings and felt great! I would not have done that in my past life; I would have been more likely to have decided ahead of time that it wouldn't be fun and just complain about it. I really didn't know what it was going to be like and I was perfectly ok with that. It was fairly wet for the first few stations then the rain stopped and all was well. Now we're home where it's nice and toasty and warm and my beloved is building a fire in the fireplace and all I feel is gratitude and a wonderful flow of warm energy moving through my body. Who'd have thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment