Sunday, August 21, 2011

Living The Mystery

Pondering, dismantling, wondering; where has it taken me? I'd have to say to the fullness of life.

We've moved into the latter part of August as I write this and we are deep into the fullness of summer. The crops are ripening, many of the flowers are already done, the geese and ducks on our local pond are growing up and getting ready for their long flights south. I am in a similar mode; feeling the fullness of life, the richness of what is. I am doing what is in front of me to do. I am enjoying the days and nights whether busy and quiet. I am appreciating the way Life is unfolding. What else is there to do?

Will I stay in this mode forever now? I doubt it; life is constantly shifting and changing shape. I have periods of ease and grace and other times where my engine seems to get into overdrive and I start projecting out into the future. I do find it is much easier for me to come back to the moment now when I get into this kind of overdrive. Even if I don't catch myself hanging out there in the foggy illusion of the past or future for hours or days, it is what it is and there is nothing to regret or recriminate myself about.

Every moment is a fresh opportunity for appreciation and expression in some form of life's mystery and wonders. If there should be some kind of discomfort that emerges it is a time for celebration because I have found it is yet another opportunity for an expanded experience of life which is the real driver behind the discomfort. All I have to do is go toward it rather than try to run away.

There is always a new birth in the works.


No comments:

Post a Comment