Monday, August 8, 2011

Movements and Shifts in Energy

It's a source of constant amazement to me just how quickly energies can shift. I find that when I stop and look directly at what's coming up for me the energy frequencies rather quickly move to a higher range. If I'm feeling low energy like last week when I wrote about loneliness, the energies shift into more peaceful and flowing kinds of frequencies. Then they will oftentimes move to even higher frequencies of deep appreciation and joy for Life and everything in it.

I also notice when I'm feeling what you might call mid-range frequencies and I turn the light of awareness on them they often seem to rise as well and I get a whole being experience of lightness and appreciation.

Then there are the times when I've been feeling lots of appreciation and lightness and things come up that bring with them the lower frequencies of fear or sadness once again. And the cycles continue.

Here's the point I really want to make about movements and shifts in energy, I've observed that when I try to avoid the lower frequency feelings as they show up seemingly uninvited, they tend to hang around like bad house guests.

Sometimes I know the lower frequency energies are there and will acknowledge them to a degree but I don't immediately turn my full attention toward the feelings and the beliefs that are their inevitable companions. Then I can pretty much be guaranteed they'll find a way to get my attention no matter how long it takes and I'm not all that likely to be real happy about it in the moment. The good news is that when this happens and I finally do become fully aware and turn toward the energies that are there instead of avoiding them the process moves swiftly and smoothly into the uplifting energies once again.

It all sounds so easy in theory or as a concept doesn't it? I know only too well that it isn't all that easy to move toward what we fear when we've been avoiding feelings all our lives. It seems counter intuitive when viewed from a survival standpoint. As with so many perspectives we've adopted in the name of survival, however, there comes a point on the journey when they no longer serve us. They end up being in opposition to where we are going now if that happens to be toward a more authentic, congruent experience of life.

There is so much richness to be enjoyed when we no longer avoid. In the end it's all a beautiful dance of movement and energy.

animated movement energy
The Eternal Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment