Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Focus

It feels like it's been a long time since my last post. There has been a lot going on and we just had our Thanksgiving long weekend which I thoroughly enjoyed. I didn't even turn on my computer yesterday!

The day after the last workshop on September 24th a thought hit my head; it's time to do another 40 day focus for myself. I know better than to think I came up with the idea, it's just what I became aware of  and paid attention to. The hit was about the work and going deeper so that's part of what I've been up to. Quite frankly the activity has been more a reflection what is opening up than of the time it takes to do the work itself which is actually minimal in terms of time but maximal in terms of focus.

What I'm talking about in regard to doing a 40 day focus is where I use an idea or desire or wondering to notice what comes up for me in terms of feelings, beliefs, limitations of any sort and use the liberation process to dismantle them. I use the process regularly anyway but when I'm doing a focus I deliberately bring up the stuff that is blocking or limiting in that particular area on a daily basis. I sit down at least twice a day and bring the idea or area I'm focusing on to mind and see what shows up. It can get pretty intense at times as layers of memories and beliefs are revealed but following through with the whole process and keeping the focus on what life would be like if I didn't have those limiting beliefs makes for a wonder-filled experience. Some feelings may hang around a bit longer than others but overall there is a sense of peace and well-being that pervades as I go about my days.

One thing about doing a focus period is that the original question often morphs into a deeper, more meaningful one. There can also be plenty of temptation to abandon the question when it gets really uncomfortable which it will if the question has any real meaning. The whole reason for the 40 day commitment is to move through those times, knowing that the commitment will carry me through those temptations whereas when I'm just dabbling it's easy to wander off before the depths have been plumbed.

It's a powerful process and I'm right in the middle of it and very grateful for all it is revealing and the openings it is creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment