Friday, November 25, 2011

Expansiveness and Clarity

Further to my post the other day. I said I didn't know where all the stuff I've been experiencing was taking me. Some ideas have taken hold and been percolating.

One of the ways expansion happens is by exploring ideas and seeing where they take you.

I've been exploring ideas around my work and where that is going and I have indeed been getting a much clearer picture along with the tools to support the way my work is going. When I look back over the past 6 months I see that the seed was planted in around April for the work I would be doing and over the past 6 months it's been gestating and evolving and it actually feels like there is a a new energy and focus to the way it is delivered. It will be interesting to see where it is after 9 months...

I've been very busy revamping and updating my website to reflect the place that original idea has evolved to. I've been wondering about where my work was going and the answer showed up as a step toward what I would call more traditional life and executive coaching (even though coaching is still a relatively new idea). What I have however that makes my work unique is the added feature of my Liberation Process which in many ways gives the coaching process a whole new depth.

I went to a coaching training last weekend which I quite enjoyed even though as I had intuited, the component of dealing with feelings and associated limiting beliefs was sorely lacking in my view. I was quite amazed to see the facilitator draw two columns labeled 'controllable' and 'uncontrollable' and proceed to fill the uncontrollable column with emotions and feelings. That confirmed for me that I have something of great value to offer people in the coaching process, a way to deal with emotions, feelings and beliefs that is far more effective than what I've seen so far in all the coaching models I've encountered. I am including this training in that comment even though I really liked and appreciated everything I got from the training and am incorporating it in my work. The Liberation Process just feels like the missing link for more effectiveness and I'm so grateful for having that tool.

So, as I said, I've been doing some revamping of my coaching model which is continuing even though I've put up the new website and I am having lots of fun in the process. Check it out at www.yvonneracine.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment