Sunday, December 11, 2011

Peace Love and Joy, It's An Inside Job

I am filled with wonder and lightness and compassion this blessed Sunday morn. I'm not sure why, it's just a natural expression of Life as far as I can tell. It tends to happen a lot more when I keep my whole being focused on love within. The natural extension of that is to love all that is in the manifest world as well.

I often think we have so many things backward in our culture in terms of how love works and how to achieve peace and how to find our own value. We are taught to look to the world for validation, to love others but not ourselves, to give to others of our material good yet there is so little in the way of truly connecting with Source and allowing the natural abundance of the Universe to flow through us to bless all.

One of the reasons I likely feel the way I do right now has to do with what I'm preparing for this morning. I've been invited to speak to a rather large group of children (5 to 16 years of age) at the Sai Baba Centre today about what Jesus taught and what Christmas is really about. What a fabulous opportunity to reflect on my understanding of that. It really does fill me with joy and appreciation to ponder the loving messages I perceive Jesus to have been all about. It's also refreshing to consider the messages in a way that might make sense to a child. It really invites the most simple and profound consideration of the heart of the message rather than the intellectual understanding. It will be interesting to see what comes out this afternoon. (I rarely end up saying what I think I'm going to say when I'm speaking in public) I'm not in charge of that anyway so I just ponder, and prepare and allow.
Hmm, sounds like a great way to deal with all of life.

Namaste
It's An Inside Job!

No comments:

Post a Comment