Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Harmony

It's quite fascinating to sit and watch the birds doing their thing down below our lanai. Our downstairs neighbours have been feeding the birds so we get a lot of returning visitors down there and occasionally up on our lanai as well. It's interesting to see the diversity of species and how they all just get along, scratching for food, doing their thing. There's a great harmony that is evident when you watch wildlife. Even those times where animals are chasing and eating others, there is a natural order unfolding that is undeniable when we remove our judgment and tendency toward anthropomorphism. When we aren't so quick to judge through our lens of fears and beliefs all is well.

I was talking to a friend via skype this morning as well. Her dad is really sick, has been for a long time and was just hospitalized yet again last week. She flew to where he lives to be with her mom and with him for a few days. I said something about how amazing it is how long people can hang on when they are very sick and she told me how he had been expressing his gratitude and appreciation for life, for the people in his life and for how fortunate he was compared to many others. This was not a perspective he had most of his life when he was healthy and younger but he has it now. Who would have guessed? It was a great reminder for me not to judge by appearances and by my own limited views, I really have no idea what's going on beyond the surface.

Maui
As I said, there is a harmony and a perfection in the way life is unfolding. All I really have to do to see it is be still, clear the filter of my thoughts and appreciate the moment.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment