Monday, March 12, 2012

The Perfection of the Moment

Back home again to some beautiful weather after an uneventful flight back; I really appreciate uneventful flights. It's a bit of an adjustment getting back into Alberta time, especially when daylight savings started the day we returned but a couple of days into the routine at home and all is well.

I've been asked a few times what the best part of the holiday was for me and I honestly can't answer that. Every day was perfect in and of itself, just as every day at home is. They aren't all the same and they certainly aren't all fun and games but they are all perfect for what they present.

White FeatherI often use a line from the movie The Four Feathers with Heath Ledger that has stuck with me over time. When asked why he had helped the Ledger character and saved his life over and over, the African warrior replied 'Because God put you in my way.' That has become one of my favorite reminders that everything and everyone in my life is here because Life put them in my way. I don't always know why, that's really none of my business most of the time, the real question is what or who am I in the face of this? The old 'Who do you think you are?' comes into play in a very different way than had been inferred when I was younger. It isn't a put down anymore, it's a go deeper question.

I can tell pretty quickly now when I get caught up in thinking I am my body or personality or  self-image. If that's where I have defaulted to, I am quite likely to be triggered easily into reacting to people and situations that challenge me. On the other hand, when I go deeper and allow what I really am to respond I find that every challenge is an opportunity to express more of what that is in the moment. The good news is the turnaround can happen at any time in the process, even if I initially was in the illusion of being a personality.

'I am that I am' is another of my favourite reminders that it isn't about pigeon holing myself and others but rather being present to what is in every moment. We cannot predict and plan for every eventuality, what a chore that is; we can only show up and be fully present to the moment and the wonders of being that are available through whatever shows up. From here it's all perfect.

Namaste

1 comment:

  1. WOW how insiteful... I can share my thoughts in abundance and The spark inlife for me is being in the moment >PRESENT< That SPARK CREATES EXTRAORDINARY RESULTS ...THANK YOU GOD !!!
    Namast'e Yvonne

    ReplyDelete