Sunday, May 27, 2012

Contrast

I'm absolutely loving the look and feel of our spring weather these days. We had a couple of days of steady rain at the beginning of last week which was fabulous, I could almost feel the earth drinking in the fresh water. This weekend has been incredibly beautiful to me as I simply appreciate the sun dappled scene in my back yard and at the sporting clays field where we were yesterday and on our walks through the wooded areas around our home. The contrasts are stunning and I can feel my heart opening to the wonder of it all.

That's also the way I feel about the contrasts in life that are experienced in the inner world. The sad moments are just a beautiful as the joyful ones in their own way and when fear arises it also provides for the contrast that opens out into a renewed sense of wonder and appreciation. When I miss my targets in sporting clays, it just increases the joy of hitting them when that is what happens. It's all a mystical dance filled with variation and motion and stillness.

Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment