Thursday, January 9, 2014

Set Goals or Surrender

I so rarely get here these days I'm not sure what to even talk about. I don't do New Year's resolutions, or set goals or anything like that so I'm not going to talk about that in my first blog posting of the year.

That may seem strange to some of you, isn't living a conscious life all about setting intentions and goals and stuff? Maybe for some it is and if you feel drawn to doing that go for it, it is what is right for you.

I've half halfheartedly tried that in the past but the other half of my heart has not been willing to participate so now I'm listening and realizing that my life is about surrender at this stage, not about 'making' things happen. I see my 'job' as one of appreciation and wonder for what is even when that what is seems to be other than ideal. What is ideal anyway? Some preconceived notion that is limited by my narrow point of view? What if life has other ideas in mind for me that are far beyond what I can conceive?

It isn't that there aren't things I want to do; I want to go to Hawaii this spring for instance and we are making our plans to do so. The thing for me is to stay flexible and open and see what's right here, right now and make the most of that.

If I'm not happy with something it's usually due to a lack of sleep or not taking time every day to be still and pay attention to my inner world. I notice my thoughts are far more critical when I'm not up to par but even at that, it's my own thoughts that are making me unhappy, not what's going on in the world. I notice what I'm thinking and it doesn't take long to realize what's going on and make the shift. Conversely if there is something painful in my life that I no longer want or need then it's time to make a change.

It really isn't all that complicated, the universe is always communicating; the only question is am I listening?

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment